Fred Theodore Ledford was born on 19 July 1919 at Calhoun in Georgia, the son of Henry Lafayette Ledford and Willie Mae Birch. Husband of Frances B. Ledford.
Died 15 March 1945 in Germany
Buried at Fain Cemetery, Calhoun, GA
274th Infantry Regiment
The Chattanooga Daily Times, 25 May 1945
Previously reported missing in action, but now reported dead was Pvt. Fred T. Ledford, husband of Mrs. Frances Ledford of 4715 Biltmore Avenue, who was first reported missing March 15. Pvt. Ledford was the son of Harry Ledford of Chattanooga and was serving with the infantry in Germany. He was employed by the Krystal Company here before entering the service in 1944. He served overseas eight months. He is the brother of Clyde, Pat, Johnnie and Miss Madge Ledford and of Mrs. Willie Mae Hope of Chattanooga.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 19 July 1919
- Date of death: 15 March 1945
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 274th Infantry Regiment
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Fain Cemetery, Calhoun, GA
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Fred T. Ledford
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.