Frederick Douglas Jones was born in Rockford, Illinois to William Jones and Lorraine Eason.
Died 22 January 1944
Buried at the Chattanooga National Cemetery, X, 14327
Fireman First Class
The Chattanooga Daily Times, 25 January 1944
F2C Frederick D. Jones, 20, USN, son fo William Jones, 152 Watkins Street, drowned Saturday in Narragansett Bay. The drowning occurred when three of the men jumped into the water to save a sailor who fell off a 5-foot mail and Liberty boat. One of the four was rescued.
- Rank: Fireman First Class
- Date of birth: 17 December 1923
- Date of death: 22 January 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Navy
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Frederick D. Jones
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.