George Boston was born in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Grandson of Samuel Boston and Emma Adams. In 1940 he resided in Chattanooga with his grandmother Emma Boston and his aunt and uncle Roy and Eula Dobbs.
Private George Boston was assigned to the 4133rd Quartermaster Service Company. He died non-battle on 20 September 1944 and is interred at B,8,5, Rhone American Cemetery, Draguignan, France.
The Chattanooga Daily Times, 28 October 1944
Pvt. George Boston, 21, grandson of Mrs. Emma Boston, 1714 Cowart Street, was killed in a vehicle accident in France on Sept. 20, the War Department notified his grandmother. In the army two years, he had served overseas for the past 18 months.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 12 June 1923
- Date of death: 20 September 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 4133rd Quartermaster Service Company
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Rhone American Cemetery, Draguignan (Var), France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor George Boston
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.