George Dewey Plemons
Born 14 July 1914, Tennessee
Died 3 February 1943
Army Air Corps
George Plemons resided at Buncombe, North Carolina and entered the service on 30 July 1942 at Fort Jackson, Columbia, South Carolina. He probably was lost in the sinking of the S.S. Dorchester. The Dorchester was torpedoed by German U-boat U-223 during the early morning hours of February 3, 1943.
Memorialized at East Coast Memorial, New York, NY.
He was the son of Miljard Crawford Plemens and Mary Elizabeth Loving. Husband of Katherine Kirk and father of Janice and Richard (Dick) Plemons.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 14 July 1914
- Date of death: 3 February 1943
- County: Roane
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Theater: North Atlantic
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: East Coast Memorial, New York, New York
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor George D. Plemons
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.