George Ellis Gerber (also spelled Gerbert in State records) was born 20 May 1892 in Chattanooga, Tennessee. He entered the service at Seattle, Washington on 3 October 1917. Pvt Gerber was killed in action on 28 October 1918 and is buried plot B, row 26, grave 32, at Meuse-Argonne American Cemetery, Romagne, France.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 20 May 1892
- Date of death: 28 October 1918
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company A, 150th Machine Gun Battalion, 38th Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Meuse-Argonne American Cemetery, Romagne, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor George E. Gerber
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.