George Earnest Wilkerson was born 5 June 1924 in Jefferson County, Tennessee, the son of John Wilkerson and Martha Lee Carter. Husband of Lena Lotis Huxhold. He resided at Blue River, Henry County, Indiana at the time of his enlistment.
Replacement Company 280
Pvt Wilkerson died in the South West Pacific on 15 March 1945. He is buried at Piedmont Cemetery, Jefferson County, Tennessee.
The Muncie Star, Indiana, April 25, 1945
Pvt. George Wilkerson, husband of Mrs. Lena Wilkerson, was killed in action March 15 on Luzon. Private Wilkerson was a member of the 169th Infantry Division at Luzon. Entering the army in June, 1944, he received his training at Camp Wolters, Texas, and was employed by the Ault Wholesale Company before entering the army. He formerly resided at 807 North Mulberry street.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 5 June 1924
- Date of death: 15 March 1945
- County: Jefferson
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 169th Infantry Division
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: p
- Burial/Memorial Location: Piedmont Cemetery, Jefferson County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor George E. Wilkerson
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.