2nd Lt George Thomas Bright Died Non Battle.
He attended McCallie School in Chattanooga. He enlisted on 18 July 1943 at Miami Beach with the Air Corps.
Second Lieutenant Bright served with the 2525th Base Unit, Liberal Army Airfield, Kansas.
He was killed in service, in a crash landing of B-24J Liberator #42-73291 at the air base.
Pilot, 2nd Lt. Claude T. Aiken
S/Sgt. Walter M. Martella
- Rank: Second Lieutenant
- Date of birth: 25 July 1927
- Date of death: 14 June 1945
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Lookout Mountain
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 2525th Base Unit
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Forest Hills Cemetery, Chattanooga, Hamilton County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor George T. Bright
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.