George Washington Dobbs was born on 11 July 1918, Greene County, Tennessee, the son of Pleasant Dobbs and Alice Jackson. He married Odessa McDowell in 1940.
George Dobbs was admitted to a hospital in Greene County, Tennessee on 1 March 1944 and died on 7 April due to a perforated gastric ulcer. He is buried at Pruitt Hill Cemetery, Greene County, Tennessee.
- Date of birth: 11 July 1918
- Date of death: 7 April 1944
- County: Greene
- Hometown: Greeneville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Pruitt Hill Cemetery, Greene County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IX, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor George W. Dobbs
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.