Gerald Wayne Gledhill was born on 16 January 1925 at Chattanooga, Tennessee, the son of Horace Leslie Gledhill and Edna Lee Heffner.
Died 12 July 1944 near St. Lo, France
The Chattanooga Daily Times, 16 August 1944
Pfc. Gerald Wayne Gledhill, son of Mr. and Mrs. H.L. Gledhill, 3610 Second Avenue, was reported missing in action yesterday by the War Department, according to word received by his family. He has been missing since July 12, his father said. He entered the army a year ago and had been overseas since January of this year. He received his basic training at Fort McClellan, Ala. His brother, Clarence Gledhill, is now stationed at Spence Field, Moultrie, Ga.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 16 January 1925
- Date of death: 12 July 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 116th Infantry Regiment, 29th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: St. Lo
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Forest Hills Cemetery, Chattanooga, Hamilton County, Tennessee
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Top Panel
- Sponsored by: Ronald O’Brien
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.