Gilbert White Smith was born 2 July 1888, Knox County, Tennessee to Tom Smith and Martha Mills. He was married to Lucy Smith. Gilbert Smith was a laborer before his induction into military service on 28 May 1918 at Camp Pike, Little Rock, Arkansas. He served with Company B, 125th Infantry, 32nd Division.
He was killed in action in France, 4 October 1918.
He was originally buried in Cemetery #617 at Fismes, Marne, France. He is buried at Knoxville National Cemetery, Knox County, Tennessee.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 2 July 1888
- Date of death: 4 October 1918
- County: McMinn
- Hometown: Athens
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company B, 125th Infantry Regiment, 32nd Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Gilbert W. Smith
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.