Glen Eugene Tweed was born 17 April 1922 at Madison, North Carolina. He was the son of Edwin Eugene Tweed and Della Annzie Tipton. Husband of Glenna Ruth Craven.
Sgt Tweed was survived by his widow, Mrs. Glenna Craven Tweed; one daughter, Carolyn Tweed, his mother, Mrs. W.J. Roberts, of Marshall and his father, E. Eugene Tweed, of Telford, Tenn. He entered the Army as a volunteer in June, 1940, and was killed in action on Leyte on January 23, 1945. He also fought on Guam and in the Philippines Island campaign, and was the holder of the Distinguished Service Cross, the purple heart and other medals.
305th Infantry Regiment, 77th Infantry Division, Company K
Volunteered U.S. Army on June 29, 1940. Killed in action on Leyte Island, January 23, 1945. Attended Camp Creek High School, Methodist Church. Husband of Mrs. Glenna Craven Tweed, 207 Park St., Greeneville, TN.
Buried at Bersheba Cemetery, Greeneville, TN
- Rank: Technical Sergeant
- Date of birth: 17 April 1922
- Date of death: 23 January 1945
- County: Greene
- Hometown: Greeneville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 305th Infantry Regiment, 77th Infantry Division
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Leyte
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Bersheba Cemetery, Greeneville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IX, Middle Panel
- Sponsored by: Lori Ensign
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.