Glen Millard Yount was born on 28 September 1919, the son of John Henry Yount and Ella Mae Blankenship.
Died of wounds 10 August 1944
22nd Infantry Regiment, 4th Infantry Division
Enlisted 20 May 1941 – Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia
The Knoxville Journal, 25 March 1949
Pvt. Glen M. Yount, 24, was killed in action in France, Aug. 10, 1944. He had been in service three years and three months when killed. Survivors: parents, Mr. and Mrs. J.H. Yount; four sisters; four brothers; six half-sisters.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 28 September 1919
- Date of death: 10 August 1944
- County: Hamblen
- Hometown: Morristown
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 22nd Infantry Regiment, 4th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Emma Jarnagin Cemetery, Morristown, Hamblen County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Glen M. Yount
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.