Glenn David Fischer was born on 27 January 1926, the son of Henry Hoyt Fischer and Mary Alice McSpadden.
Died 18 April 1945
Buried at Forest Hills Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
399th Infantry Regiment, 100th Infantry Division
Sgt Fischer went overseas in the fall of 1944. He fought through the Battle of the Bulge, Christmas winter. He was killed at the age of 19 in the last battle the company was in. He was a member of the 7th Army.
The Chattanooga Daily Times, 8 May 1945
Reported missing in action was Sgt. Glenn D. Fischer, son of Mr. and Mrs. H.H. Fischer, 807 Kilmer Street, who was listed missing on April 18 in Germany. Sgt. Fischer was with a unit of the 100th Division at the time he was reported missing in action. He entered the army in 1944 after graduating from Central High School in 1943. He has been overseas since last October. He holds the Combat Infantryman’s Badge.
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 27 January 1926
- Date of death: 18 April 1945
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 399th Infantry Regiment, 100th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Battle of the Bulge
- Awards: Purple Heart, Combat Infantryman’s Badge
- Burial/Memorial Location: Forest Hills Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Glenn D. Fischer
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.