Served with the 508th Infantry Regiment, 82nd Airborne Division. He was killed in Normandy on D-Day.
Died on June 6, 1944. He was returned from Blosville-Carentan, France.
Buried in Knoxville National Cemetery
Born on April 18, 1920
Parents: Claude Roberts and Emma J. Schuping Roberts
Siblings: Clarence W. Roberts, Mabel Mae Roberts, Paul Ernest Roberts, and Frances A. Roberts
- Rank: Staff Sergeant
- Date of birth: 18 April 1920
- Date of death: 6 June 1944
- County: Knox
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 508th Infantry Regiment, 82nd Airborne Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Normandy Campaign
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, Knox County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIV, Top Panel
- Sponsored by: Laurent Bonis
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.