Harold Lynwood Vickers was the son of Benjamin S. Vickers and Myrtle Belle Boyd. He was married to Leona June Anderson. Their son, Harold Lynwood Vickers was born on 9 February 1944.
Harold L. Vickers was initially buried at Okinawa 7th Cemetery at Ryukyu Retto. He is buried at the Honolulu, HI Memorial, E, 457.
Looking for information about his life. I know that he was killed during the Battle of Okinawa on April 28, 1945, and was from Morristown, TN.
–Submitted by Jason Snyder
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 18 May 1924
- Date of death: 28 April 1945
- County: Hamblen
- Hometown: Morristown
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 32nd Infantry Regiment, 7th Infantry Division
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Okinawa
- Awards: Bronze Star, Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Honolulu Memorial, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Harold L. Vickers
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.