Harold Willard Hutcherson was born on 5 July 1911, Chattanooga, Tennessee, the son of Paul Norris Hutcherson and Ethel Thomas. Husband of Amy Lucille Mull.
Died non Battle 13 May 1945
920th Signal Corps
Pvt Hutcherson was initially buried at the American War Cemetery, Hamm, Luxembourg. Buried at Chattanooga National Cemetery, Y, 586.
The Chattanooga Daily Times, 25 July 1945
Cpl. Harold W. Hutcherson, husband of Mrs. Amy Hutcherson, and son of Mrs. Ethel Thompson Hutcherson, 1607 Anderson Avenue died in a General Hospital in Hanau, Germany, on May 13, relatives here have been informed. He had served in the army air forces for four years and five months and had been overseas with the Ninth Air Force for two years. He is the brother of Misses Margaret and Frances Hutcherson, and of Mrs. Mary Bryant, all of Chattanooga, and Raymond C. Hutcherson of the Central Hospital, Savannah, Ga. He is also the brother of Paul N. Hutcherson Jr., who is now serving with a railway battalion in Germany.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 5 July 1911
- Date of death: 13 May 1945
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 920th Signal Corps
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Harold W. Hutcherson
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.