Harry Kyle Phillips was born on 3 March 1916 at Grainger, Tennessee, the son of James Franklin Phillips and Bessie Mae Smith.
He Died 25 December 1944
Buried at Pleasant View Cemetery, Clinton, TN
67th Armored Regiment, 2nd Armored Division, Company A
The Knoxville Journal, February 1, 1945
Sgt. Harry K. Phillips, son of Mr. and Mrs. James F. Phillips of Clinton, Route 2, was reported missing in action in Belgium, Dec. 25, is parents have been informed. He entered service in 1940 and has been overseas for 28 months. A brother, Pvt. Albert Phillips, is somewhere in France and another brother, James L. Phillips, was recently discharged from the Navy.
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 3 March 1916
- Date of death: 25 December 1944
- County: Anderson
- Hometown: Clinton
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 67th Armored Regiment, 2nd Armored Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Pleasant View Cemetery, Clinton, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Harry K. Phillips
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.