Harry Thomas Denney was born on 17 August 1923 at Chattanooga, Tennessee to Thomas Edgar Denney and Daisy Rose Denney. Husband of Betty Rae Privette.
Died 12 August 1944, France
Buried at Greenwood Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
Private First Class
320th Infantry Regiment, 35th Infantry Division, Company C
Photo courtesy of Martha Jo Berry
The Chattanooga Times, September 8, 1944
Pfc. Harry T. Denney, , son of Mr. and Mrs. T.E. Denney, Rubio Street, and husband of Mrs. Betty Privette Denney, Chamberlain Avenue, was reported missing in action yesterday by the War Department in a message to his wife. He has been missing since Aug. 11, with an infantry unit in France. Pfc. Denney entered the armed service in January, 1943, and has been overseas since last may. He is a graduate of Chattanooga Vocational School and he was employed hereb y the Volunteer State Life Insurence Company before he entered the army.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 17 August 1923
- Date of death: 12 August 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 320th Infantry Regiment, 35th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Greenwood Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Top Panel
- Sponsored by: Martha Jo Berry, Denney Lutz, Rosemary Mosteller
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.