Glen Meade Haynes was born on 28 August 1925 in Knoxville, TN to Samuel Elijah Haynes and Lucy Ester Carroll of Knoxville, Tennessee.
Husband of Mabel Virginia Farned. His wife was living at Yokota Air Base in Japan. Children of Glen M. Haynes:
Terry L. Haynes, son
Glenda Haynes Adair, daughter
Gary E. Haynes, son
Mark A. Haynes, son
Philip H. Haynes, son
His KB-50J, serial number 49-0377, crashed near Niisato Village, Shimohei County, Iwate Prefecture. Seven crewmembers, including Maj Haynes were killed; four crewmen parachuted to safety.
He is buried at Knoxville National Cemetery in Knoxville, TN
He was a veteran of WWII and Korea. Served with the U.S. Air Force
- Rank: Major
- Date of birth: 28 August 1925
- Date of death: 13 August 1964
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Air Force
- Conflict: World War II, Korea
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, Knox County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXV, Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Glen M. Haynes
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.