Henry Nichols was born in Alabama, the son of William Chester Nichols and Lou Ella Romines. Husband of Beulah Mae Brewer. Stepfather of Cynthia Ann Stansberry and LaVerne Stansberry.
PFC Nichols was killed in action at aint-Lo, Manche, France and was returned from La Cambe-Isigny.
The Chattanooga Daily Times, 9 August 1944
Killed was Pfc. Henry A. Nichols, whose wife is Mrs. Beulah M. Nichols, 2605 Ocoee Street, and whose paents are Mr. and Mrs. Chester Nichols, St. Elmo. He died in France on July 12. He had been overseas about three months. Three brothers, also in the service, are Pvt. Robert Nichols, T/Sgt. Harrison Nichols, Pvt Willard Nichols; three sisters, Mrs. Floyd Coulson, Mrs. Howard Ladd and Mrs. Frank Ervin of Chattanooga.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 5 January 1915
- Date of death: 12 July 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: Infantry
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Henry A. Nichols
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.