Henry Everette “Junior” Brassfield was born 25 October 1922, the son of Henry Everette Brassfield and Bettie Leach.
The Advance-Sentinel July 16, 1948
Pvt Junior Brassfield, 22, sailed from the United States May 21, 1944. He was killed in action September 2, 1944 in France. He entered the service, March 9, 1943.
His body arrived on July 14, 1948. Funerals services, Sunday July 18, 1948 at Crouches Creek Church, Military service at Grave. V.F.W. in charge, with the Rev. George Williams officiating. Interment in Bowling cemetery in Jellico.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 25 October 1922
- Date of death: 2 September 1944
- County: Campbell
- Hometown: Jellico
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 9th Infantry Regiment, 1st Battalion, Medical Detachment
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Bowlin Cemetery, Jellico, Campbell County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Henry E. Brassfield Jr.
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.