Henry Estil Scearce was born 24 March 1923, the son of John Franklin Scearce and Malissa Lissie Jane Shockley.
Died of wounds 10 March 1945 in Germany
Buried at Shockley Family Cemetery, Thorn Hill, TN
The Morristown Gazette Mail, 19 November 1947
The remains of Cpl. Henry E. Scearce, age 23, who died in Germany March 10, 1945, after being wounded in battle the previous day, will reach Morristown on Friday morning, Nov. 21st and will be taken to the home of his mother in Grainger county.
Cpl. Scearce enlisted in the U.S. Army in 1943. Surviving are his mother, Mrs. Lizzie Scearce, and two brothers, Robert Scearce of Franklin, Ohio, and Sam Scearce of Thorn Hill.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 24 March 1923
- Date of death: 10 March 1945
- County: Grainger
- Hometown: Thorn Hill
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 84th Field Artillery Battalion, 9th Infantry Division, Heaquarters Battery
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Shockley Family Cemetery, Thorn Hill, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IX, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Henry E. Scearce
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.