Henry R. McMahan was born in Sevierville, Tennessee, son of Gilbert Russell McMahan and Martha Elizabeth Manis. He trained at Camp Sevier, Greenville, South Carolina and sailed to Europe May 11, 1918, arriving May 24. He served with Company D, 117th Infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division. He was killed in action at the Hindenburg Line, France September 29, 1918.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 18 November 1894
- Date of death: 29 September 1918
- County: Sevier
- Hometown: Sevierville
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company D, 117th Infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Hindenburg Line
- Burial/Memorial Location: Shady Grove Cemetery, Richardson Cove, Sevier County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar V, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Henry R. McMahan
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.