Herman Clark Jr.was the son of Maggie Clark. Grandson of Amos and Lizzie Clark.
He died non battle and served with the 506th Port Battalion. He is buried at the Manila American Cemetery, Philippines, N, 5, 159.
The Chattanooga Daily Times, 4 November 1944
Pvt. Herman Clark, son of Mrs. Maggie Clark Hines of Huntsville, Ala., formerly of Chattanooga, was killed in action in Dutch New Guinea Sept. 14, it was learned here yesterday. A former porter at the Toddle House on McCallie Avenue, Pvt. Clark served with the infantry three years. He attended East Fifth Street School. Before his enlistment in the army, Pvt. Clark lives with his grandmother, Mrs. Lizzie Clark, and aunt, Mrs. Goldie Maddox, both of 1003 Fort Wood Street.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 14 September 1923
- Date of death: 14 September 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 506th Port Battalion
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Manila American Cemetery, Philippines
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Herman Clark Jr.
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.