Howard Eugene Daugherty was born in 1923 in Tennessee, the son of Robert “Bob” Daughtery and Mary Ollie (Olive) Lloyd.
He died on 13 Febuary 1943 and was buried at sea. He is listed on the Honolulu Memorial Tablets of the Missing. He is also listed on the Campbell County Veterans Memorial at the courthouse.
He was a passenger on the U.S.S. Beryl (PY23), sailing on 10 January 1943 from Pearl Harbor, T.H. to Maui, T.H.
Parents: Mr. and Mrs. Robert Daugherty, Rt 2 Caryville, Tn.
- Rank: Seaman Second Class
- Date of death: 13 February 1943
- County: Campbell
- Hometown: Caryville
- Service Branch: Navy
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Honolulu Memorial, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Howard E. Daugherty
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.