Hubert Barron was born in 1890 in Jonesboro, Tennessee to Elmer Barron and Sarah E. Townsend.
Hubert enlisted in the United States Army in Johnson City, Tennessee on 21 July 1918 with service number 3995627. He received his initial training with the 19th Company, 5th Training Battalion, 157th Dep Brigade.
Hubert completed his stateside training on 26 August and was assigned to Company B, 5th Infantry Replacement Regiment. He sailed for Europe and arrived France on 15 September 1918. While completing his training there and awaiting his new unit assignment he was stricken by the Spanish Influenza. Hubert died on 9 October from lobar pneumonia.
Hubert was 28 years old.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 1 January 1890
- Date of death: 9 October 1918
- County: Washington
- Hometown: Jonesborough
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company B, 5th Infantry Replacement Regiment
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: New Victory Cemetery, Washington County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar V, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Hubert Barron
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.