Hubert Mckinley Cutshaw was born 22 February 1917, Tennessee, son of Henry Milford Cutshaw and Dora Damsel Shelton. Husband of Alma Jewel Householder.
Died of Wounds 15 December 1944, Italy
Buried at Horse Creek Church of God Cemetery, Horse Creek, Greene County, Tennessee
The Greeneville Sun, February 11, 1944
Pfc. Hubert Cutshaw, above, has been in the Army for two years and four months and has spent the past twenty months overseas. He is now somewhere in Italy. In a recent letter to his aunt, Mrs. Alonzo Hensley he said that he was just fine now, but that he had been a recent cold. He asked his aunt to remember him to his friends.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 22 February 1917
- Date of death: 15 December 1944
- County: Greene
- Hometown: Chuckey
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 6th Armored Infantry, Headquarters Company, 1st Battalion
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Horse Creek Church of God Cemetery, Horse Creek, Greene County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IX, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Hubert M. Cutshaw
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.