Hubert Otis Bass was born in Chattanooga, Tenn., to Hubert Woodfin Bass and Clara Francis Martin Bass.
Died 13 May 1944, Custer County, Montana
Buried at Chattanooga National Cemetery, Y, 33
The Bristol Herald Courier, 18 May 1944
Cpl. Hubert Otis Bass, son of Mrs. Hubert Bass, 1024 East 10th Street, Chattanooga, Tenn., was killed Saturday in the crash of a heavy bomber near Miles City, Montana, the Associated Press reported. Five others were killed in the crash which occurred aftera n emergency landing. Cpl. Bass was stationed at the Casper, Wyoming Army Air Field. Cpl. Bass, son of the late Hubert Bass, Red Bank druggist, and Mrs. Bass, attended Chattanooga High School and was employed at the Railwy Express Co. prior to entering the service. He was a nephew of Mr. and Mrs. McBee Martin of Bristol.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 16 February 1925
- Date of death: 13 May 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Hubert O. Bass
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.