Private First Class Hubert R. Finney, US Army, was assigned to the 28th Infantry Regiment, 8th Infantry Division. In April of 1945 the 8th Division was tasked with eliminating the last of the resistance in the Ruhr-Sieg Pocket.
PFC Finney died on 14th of April 1945. He is interred in the Netherlands-American Cemetery, B,2,1, Margarten, Netherlands.
His awards include the Purple Heart with Oak Leaf Cluster.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of death: 14 April 1945
- County: Meigs
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 28th Infantry Regiment, 8th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart with Oak Leaf Cluster
- Burial/Memorial Location: Netherlands American Cemetery, Margraten, Netherlands
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Hubert R. Finney
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.