James Dewey Marsh was born on 25 November 1919, Tennessee, the son of Dewitt Talmadge Marsh and Nannie May Sensabaugh. Husband of Lois Marie Cleek.
Died 12 October 1946, Memphis, Shelby, Tennessee
James D. Marsh became ill while serving with the US Marines in Peiping, China. He was flown to Hawaii were he underwent major surgery and then to the Naval Hospital in Memphis in July where he died. He had served in the Marines for 3 years. He was born and reared in Hawkins County.
He was survived by his wife, parents, three sisters and three brothers and two grandmothers. His infant son died in November 1945 at the Holston Valley Community Hospital, Kingsport.
- Date of birth: 25 November 1919
- Date of death: 12 October 1946
- County: Hawkins
- Hometown: Church Hill
- Service Branch: Marine Corps
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Ross Campground Methodist Church Cemetery, Mount Carmel, Hawkins County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor J. Dewey Marsh
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.