Jurd Roy Gibson was the son of Kate Gibson of Maryville, TN. He enlisted at the recruiting station in Nashville, Tennessee on 19 June 1917. He served as a Seaman Second Class on the USS Antigone until 20 March 1918 when he was admitted at the Naval Hospital at New York, N.Y. where he died of pneumonia three days later.
- Rank: Seaman Second Class
- Date of birth: 9 June 1898
- Date of death: 23 March 1918
- County: Blount
- Hometown: Maryville
- Service Branch: Navy
- Division/Assignment: USS Antigone
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Prospect Cemetery, Walland, Blount County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar II, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor J. Roy Gibson
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.