Jack Junior Fine was born on 8 May 1925 in Jefferson County, Tennessee, the son of Andrew Jackson Fine and Virginia Cody.
He Died 14 August 1944.
Buried at Jarnagin Cemetery, Morristown, TN.
175th Infantry Regiment, 29th Infantry Division, Headquarters Company, 3rd Battalion
The Knoxville Journal, September 11, 1948:
The remains of Pvt. Jack J. Fine, have arrived in Morristown. Private Fine enlisted in the U.S. Army September, 1943. He was sent overseas in March, 1944 and was killed August, 1944. He is survived by his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Andrew J. Fine, Morristown; three sisters, Mrs. Maggie Smith, Mrs. Imogene Burgen, Morristown, and Mrs. Mildred Cater, Maryville; two brothers, James Fine, Wakefield, Va., and Charles C. Fine of Morristown.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 8 May 1925
- Date of death: 14 August 1944
- County: Hamblen
- Hometown: Morristown
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 175th Infantry Regiment, 29th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Jarnagin Cemetery, Morristown, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Top Panel
- Sponsored by: John B. Romeiser
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.