Jack Leon Hill was born on 7 January 1923 at Jefferson City to Walter J. Hill and Lucy Hudson.
He died 25 March 1945.
PFC Hill is buried at Buffalo Grove Cemetery, Jefferson City, Jefferson County, Tennessee.
The Knoxville Journal, May 21, 1944:
Pfc. Jack L. Hill, son of Mr. and Mrs. Walter Hill of Jefferson City, who is stationed in an Eastern state Camp, was home recently on furlough. He was a Knoxville Journal carrier for five years.
The Knoxville Journal, December 4, 1948:
Pfc. Jack L. Hill, age 22, was killed in action in Germany, March 26, 1945. The body arrived in Jefferson City December 2 1948. He was the son of Mr. and Mrs. James W. Hill, Jefferson City. Other survivors: sisters, Mrs. Juanita Hinchey, Jefferson City; Mrs. Hazel Garrett, Arcadia, Ind.; Margaret Nell Hill, Jefferson City; brothers, Clayton and Blair Hill, Jefferson City.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 7 January 1923
- Date of death: 25 March 1945
- County: Jefferson
- Hometown: Jefferson City
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Buffalo Grove Cemetery, Jefferson City, Jefferson County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Jack L. Hill
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.