James Ashley Marshall was born 14 December 1896, Sevierville, Tennessee. Son of Amos Trotter Marshall and Mary J. Wynn. He was wounded in action on 13 April 1918 and again on 3 October 1918 and died of his wounds on 25 October in France.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 14 December 1896
- Date of death: 25 October 1918
- County: Sevier
- Hometown: Sevierville
- Service Branch: Marine Corps
- Division/Assignment: 6th Regiment
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Toulon Sector, Marbache Sector, St. Mihiel Offensive, Meuse-Argonne Campagne
- Burial/Memorial Location: Shiloh Memorial Cemetery, Pigeon Forge, Sevier County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar V, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James A. Marshall
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.