James Clifford Bailey was born on 27 December 1925, the son of James Carl Beecher Bailey and Nannie Hinker.
Died 3 January 1945
Buried Thorngrove Cemetery
Private First Class
11th Infantry Regiment, 5th Infantry Division, Company A
The Knoxville News-Sentinel, 25 January 1945
Pfc. James C. Bailey, 19, son of Beecher Baily of Knoxville and Mrs. Nannie Bailey of Strawberry Plains, has been missing in action since Jan. 3 in the Luxembourg area. Pfc. Bailey entered service in 1944 and had been overseas only a few weeks.
Besides his mother, he is survived by four sisters, Mrs. Ruth Hancock of Kodiak, and Mrs. Hazel Walker, Miss Lula Bailey and Miss Betty Jean Bailey of Strawberry Plains.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 27 December 1925
- Date of death: 3 January 1945
- County: Jefferson
- Hometown: Strawberry Plains
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 11th Infantry Regiment, 5th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Thorngrove Cemetery, Strawberry Plains, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James C. Bailey
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.