James Clinton Coleman was born at Dandridge, Tennessee, the son of James Loyd Coleman and Lettie M. Thornton.
PFC Coleman was killed in action in France. He served with the 44th Armored Infantry Battalion, Company B
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 1 March 1925
- Date of death: 3 August 1944
- County: Jefferson
- Hometown: Dandridge
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 44th Armored Infantry Battalion
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chestnut Hill Cemetery, Jefferson County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James C. Coleman
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.