Pvt James Eger Bowers was the son of Monroe Edgar Bowers and Safrona Magnolia Goddard. Husband of Wilma Jean Smallin and father of Barbara Jean Bowers.
He was wounded in Belgium Dec. 20, 1944, and died Dec. 24, 1944. He was serving in the Army and was in the Battle of the Bulge at the time he was wounded.
He served with the 26th Infantry Regiment, 1st Infantry Division, Company H.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 6 July 1923
- Date of death: 24 December 1944
- County: Blount
- Hometown: Maryville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 26th Infantry Regiment, 1st Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Battle of the Bulge
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Forest Hill Cemetery, Maryville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James E. Bowers
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.