James Edward Carden served at Camp Keithley, Mindanao, Philippines in 1910 with the Military and Naval Force as a Private.
He was killed in action in 1919 while serving with the 28th Infantry, Company B. He was the husband of Nannie Kesterson.
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 23 November 1883
- Date of death: 9 July 1918
- County: Anderson
- Hometown: Clinton
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company B, 28th Infantry Regiment, 18th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Cantigny, 2nd Battle of Marne, Soissons
- Burial/Memorial Location: Bethel Baptist Cemetery, Norris, Anderson County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar II, Top Panel
- Sponsored by: Larry Lewis
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.