James Johnson was born in Hamblen County, Tennessee, the son of Joseph “Joe” W. Johnson and Lindy Gorman.
Private James F.E. Johnson enlisted on 24 October 1940 at Fort McPherson, Atlanta, Georgia. Enlistment for Alaska.
He died non battle of Glomerulonephritis at the station hospital at Fort Benning.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 22 May 1920
- Date of death: 14 November 1940
- County: Hamblen
- Hometown: Morristown
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: Company "I", 8th Infantry
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Saint Paul Presbyterian Church Cemetery, Morristown, Hamblen County, Tennessee
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James F. E. Johnson
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.