James Fred Wilson was born 16 September 1915 to Franklin Wilson and Minnie Cooper Gross.
PFC Wilson was killed in Normandy, France. He is buried at Cumberland View Baptist Church Cemetery, Jacksboro, Campbell County, Tennessee.
The Knoxville Journal, August 12, 1944
Fred Wilson, 28, LaFollette, Route 1, was killed in action in France, July 13, 1944. He had been in service since Jan. 15, 1943, serving overseas since May. Survivors, mother, Mrs. Minnie Gross; grandparents, Mr. and Mrs. Isaac Wilson, all of LaFollette, Route 1 and a host of friends and relatives.
Photo Courtesy: Dena
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 16 September 1915
- Date of death: 13 July 1944
- County: Campbell
- Hometown: LaFollette
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 320th Infantry, Company L
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Normandy Campaign
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Cumberland View Baptist Church Cemetery, Jacksboro, Campbell County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James F. Wilson
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.