James Gilbert Sims was born at Chattanooga, Tennessee on 11 February 1925, the son of Benjamin Franklin Sims and Willie Belle Brewer.
Died non Battle 7 September 1943
Buried at Chattanooga National Cemetery, V, 14562.
159th Engineer Combat Battalion
PVt Sims was stationed at Fort Ethan Allen in Vermont and died at Colchester, Chittenden, Vermont of a gunshot wounds, received accidentally at Fort Ethan Allen, Vermont at the age of 18.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 11 February 1925
- Date of death: 7 September 1943
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 159th Engineer Combat Battalion
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James G. Sims
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.