James Harrison Coffey was born on 4 April 1918, the son of William Ira Coffey and Jane Mallicoat. Husband of Thelma Spoons and fathe rof Jo Ann Coffey. He died of wounds suffered in action on 22 June 1944 in France.
Buried at Jarnagin’s Cemetery, Morristown, TN
315th Infantry Regiment, 79th Infantry Division, Company B
The Morristown Gazette Mail, 17 December 1948
Sgt. James H. Coffey, 25, was killed in Normandy on June 22nd, 1944. He is survived by his widow, Mrs. Thelma Colley, of Bean Station; one daughter, Jo Ann Coffey; his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Ira Coffey, Morristown; six sisters, Miss Ethel Colley, Mrs. Myrtle Elkins, Mrs. Dorothy Thompson, all of Morristown; Mrs. Emma Anderson, Mrs. Frances Hayes, Knoxville, Mrs. Nellie Cameron, Bean Station; three brothers, Carl, E.J., and Billy Roy, of Morristown.
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 4 April 1918
- Date of death: 22 June 1944
- County: Grainger
- Hometown: Morristown
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 315th Infantry Regiment, 79th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Normandy Campaign
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Jarnagin's Cemetery, Morristown, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James H. Coffey
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.