James Henry Sharp was born in Tennessee in 1917, the son of James Robert “Bob” Sharp and Elizabeth Jane McGhee.
James Sharp was a passenger on the U.S.S. Chaumont (AP5) in January 1942. He was transferred to the U.S.S. Langley for duty.
He died at sea in 1943 or 1944.
Listed on the Tablets of the Missing, Manila American Cemetery, Manila, Philippines. Listed as Missing or Buried at Sea, 15 December 1945.
- Rank: Seaman First Class
- Date of death: 15 December 1945
- County: Anderson
- Hometown: Lake City
- Service Branch: Navy
- Division/Assignment: USS Langley
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Manila American Cemetery, Fort Bonifacio, Manila, Philippines
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James H. Sharp
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.