James Harrison was born 12 April 1890, Whitwell, Tennessee to Thomas Harrison and Sarah Ann Stephenson. He entered the service in July, 1918 in South Pittsburg, Tennessee and received training at Camp Gordon in Atlanta, Georgia. He sailed to Europe September 11, 1918 and died of meningitis in Cosne, France on October 21, 1918. He was initially buried at the American Cemetery at Mesves, Nievre in France.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 12 April 1890
- Date of death: 21 October 1918
- County: Marion
- Hometown: Whitwell
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Medical Supply Depot #3
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Pryor Cemetery #1, Whitwell, Marion County, Tennessee
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James Harrison
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.