James Leonard Lawson was born at Lookout Valley, Tenn., on 17 September 1921 to James Emmitt Lawson and Elizabeth Caledonia Owens. Husband of Mary Jane Thompson.
Killed in Action 8 August 1944
Buried at Boydston Cemetery, St. Elmo, TN
Private First Class
357th Infantry Regiment, 90th Infantry Division
The Chattanooga Times, September 8, 1944
Pfc. James L. Lawson, son of Mr. and Mrs. J.E. Lawson and husband of Mrs. Mary Jane Lawson, St. Elmo, Route 4, was reported killed in action somewhere in France on Aug. 8, 1944. He was inducted into the army in September, 1943, and has been overseas for the past two months. He is the brother of Mrs. H.B. Wallace and Mrs. Marchall McCary.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 17 September 1921
- Date of death: 8 August 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: St. Elmo
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 357th Infantry Regiment, 90th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Boydston Cemetery, St. Elmo, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James L. Lawson
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.