James Lloyd Reneau was born 6 October 1892, Dandridge, Tennessee. He enlisted at Jefferson City in Tennessee on 30 June 1917 and served with the 120th Infantry, 30th Division. Pvt Reneau was killed in action in the Département de l’Aisne, Picardie, France.
Here is a photo of the plaque I found in the attic of an old 2 story house that was going to be torn down to make room for an Arby’s restaurant. It was so dirty I couldn’t make anything out except I knew it was an old frame. When I cleaned it up I was shocked at what I had found. I am grateful to have it in my possession and proudly display it, in honor of him, on my living room wall. Thank you for the photos.
–Submitted by Kenny Bean
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 6 October 1892
- Date of death: 10 October 1918
- County: Jefferson
- Hometown: Jefferson City
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Machine Gun Company, 120th Infantry Regiment, 30th Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Westview Cemetery, Jefferson City, Jefferson County, Tennessee
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James L. Reneau
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.