James Roy Miller was born on 30 March 1909
Died of wounds 27 June 1944
Pvt Miller was initially buried at the 27th Division Cemetery on Marianas Islands, Saipan. Buried in Knoxville National Cemetery on June 15, 1948, B, 6578.
The Knoxville Journal, August 10, 1944
Pvt James Roy Miller, 35, husband of Mrs. Nell Miller, died from wounds received in action in the battle of Saipan, June 2, word was received. Private Miller entered service July 16, 1943, and went overseas last March. Surviving, besides his wife, are his mother, Mrs. Nora Miller, a sister, Mrs. J.L. Davis; grandparents, Mr. and Mrs. James Huskins; one nephew, who was his namesake and one niece. Memorial services will be held August 13, at Bethel Methodist Church near Byington, where Private Miller was a member.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 30 March 1909
- Date of death: 27 June 1944
- County: Knox
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: Infantry
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Saipan
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIV, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James R. Miller
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.