James Sivley was the son of Virrissie “Rissie”J. Sivley.
Pfc. James Sivley, son of Mrs. Rissie H. Sivley, 207 Cherry Street, was reported killed in action in Belgium on Dec. 21. He was employed by the Ross-Meehan Foundry before entering the army in April, 1942. He has been overseas six months. He has a sister, Miss Helen Sivley and a brother Benny Sivley.
James Sivley was initially buried at Foy Cemetery at Bastogne, Belgium and reburied at Henri-Chapelle American Cemetery, Belgium, H, 1, 48.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 7 April 1924
- Date of death: 21 December 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 275th Armored Field Artillery Battalion
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Henri-Chapelle American Cemetery, Henri-Chapelle, Belgium
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James Sivley
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.