James Warren Moyer was born in New Hampton, Iowa on 27 September 1921, son of Harley Dwight Moyer and Agnes Torgeson.
He Died non Battle of pneumonia in Florida.
The Chattanooga Daily Times, 13 June 1943
News was received here last night of the death of Lt. James W. Moyer, 22, former Chattanooga, in the hospital at the Avon Park (Fla.) Army Air Base, where he was stationed. Pneumonia was the cause of death. He was the son of Mr. and Mrs. H.D. Moyer, of Knoxville, formerly of Chattanooga, and took preliminary pilot training at the University of Chattanooga and Lovell Field. He attended Georgia Tech before enlisting. James W. Moyter graduated and was commissioned at Lubbock Field, Lubbock, Texas on April 22, 1943. Funeral services will be held Friday at Arlington, Ia., the home of his father’s family.
- Rank: Second Lieutenant
- Date of birth: 27 November 1921
- Date of death: 12 June 1943
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 478th Bomber Squadron, 336th Bomber Group
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Taylorville Cemetery, Arlington, Iowa
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James W. Moyer
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.