James Walter Oody was born 7 October 1919 to General Harrison Oody and Edna Ethel Huskins.
He died 23 February 1945 in Germany
407th Infantry Regiment, 102nd Infantry (Ozark) Division, E Company
Awarded the Purple Heart
The Loudon County Herald, March 22, 1945
Pvt. James Walter Oody, husband of Mrs. Lillie Lindsey Oody, and son of Mrs. Edna Oody Grimes, of the Corinth Community, near Loudon, was killed in action February 23rd, 1945 in Germany. Pvt. Oody was fighting with the 9th Army in Germany. He entered the service in January 1944 and arrived overseas in December of that year.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 7 October 1919
- Date of death: 23 February 1945
- County: Loudon
- Hometown: Corinth
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 407th Infantry Regiment, 102nd Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Corinth Cemetery, Loudon, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XV, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James W. Oody
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.